body {background-color:rgba(255,255,255,0);}

21 August 2014

Light In The Box Review 1 [Cosplay Buys]

Light In The Box

Previous Purchase

Before I go on to the main review, I'd like to mention a mention of another wig I purchased from Lightinthebox. This was my first ever wig, and originally was for Arthur Kirkland (England) cosplay... I am going to cosplay him...






I originally thought it was just over a year when I got this, but it will actually be 2 years in october! And this wig is only just recently starting to 'die'. So I have high standards for lightinthebox wigs, this blonde wig is lovely and thick and soft, and easy to style (so glad I got it for my first wig). 



15 year old me, who had no idea on how to wear/style a wig xD
But I did go to school with this wig once and no one knew it was a wig, until I went the next day with blue, longer hair.


Picture from earlier this year.




 From the video review [link at bottom of the post]

Camelia Gumi Cosplay Wig 

 ♡

So this year I finally started to cosplay and ever since I have created such a massive list of characters that I want to cosplay, Gumi from Vocaloids being one (I want to cosplay the majority of the girl vocaloids...). 

I wasn't actually planning on a Gumi cosplay so soon but I generally wanted a new wig so came across this one on Lightinthebox.com. I actually bought my first ever wig from them so I trust their quality (I bought it about a year ago and it's only just starting to 'weaken'). 

But any way, enough of the 'back story'. 

Here is the main photo the website provides:



 Look how pretty the gradient is.

Price

This wig is originally £12.95, which is quite cheap for heat resistant fiber wig. 
But, as you knowI love sales, I got this wig for £8 I think it was, something around that... Which is an amazing price!

Plus it's free shipping, and you have the option to pay for insurance of the postage, which (if my memory is correct) is around £1. I can't remember where they ship from, but it's nice to know it's insured if anything was to happen.

Postage and Packaging

After I purchased the wig, it took around 3 weeks to get to me, which I respect as I am unsure where they ship from.

The wig comes in a cardboard like this, and this was (if I remember correctly) a plastic packaging.
All packaging was secure and nothing was damaged. 




Inside the box the the wig comes in a plastic wallet, which is handy for future storage.
The wig is wrapped in a thin net and has a cardboard strip around it, to help prevent the wig from moving too much and tangling/damaging.


The wig

Here's what the wig looks like after I took it out of the packaging:



No tangles :D
 The wig is so silky, feels really nice.
As I mentioned before the wig is made of heat resistant fibers.

This wig is as pretty as it looks on the website.



 This bit looks a bit darker and the yellow looks a bit longer, but that may be if you want to trim it a bit?

Like most wigs it originally comes with a long fringe so you can style it how you want.

Before styling:




This wig is so pretty! I was really tempted to keep it like this but I feel as though Gumi's hair is more of a full fringe so...




[I have a video on how I cut this wig, if anyone is interested. Link at the bottom of the blog.]

 This wig is so nice and an even nicer price, so I definetly recommend this wig.
In my video review I did notice a slittle loose thread in the netting but that may be my doing as I hadn't noticed it before, though it won't be hard to sew back in. 
I haven't cosplayed Gumi yet (working on Matryoshka outfit) but I have worn this wig quite a few times.



[Picture from my last review (Romwe).]

I can't wait to cosplay her!


 Links

Light In The Box ʚ♡ɞ
England Wig -Unfortunately been removed-
Gumi Wig ʚ♡ɞ
Facebook ʚ♡ɞ

Video Review  ʚ♡ɞ
 Cutting Tutorial  ʚ♡ɞ

No comments:

Post a Comment