body {background-color:rgba(255,255,255,0);}

27 November 2014

SkinFood Review 1



So a few months ago I treated myself to some SkinFood products, my skin is terrible and one of recent goals is to have nicer skin. So I started a proper skin routine and I felt these were necessary. 

The products I got were SkinFood Salmon Brightening Eye Cream
and SkinFood Salmon Dark Circle Concealer 

As you can see my main focus is to get rid of my horrible dark circles under my eyes, I am still trying to get more sleep as obviously that is a big factor but I know myself well enough to know that will take time... 



Onto the review~. 

I stupidly didn't make notes of the costs when I bought them but I don't think they would have changed. 

If you clicked on the links you would see that these were bought from SkinFood on amazon. 
They are a little pricey:
Eye Cream is £14.02
Concealer £12.47 

I believe the total shipping was £3.75 as they were shipped together, saving a little bit of money there. 

So overall cost me £30.24
Surprising myself now, wow that is quite a lot...  I'm sure it was only 20 something when I bought them...
;>.<; Oh well

However though they are pricing they seem to be lasting quite a lot.

Theses are photos of the products when I got them:
 


Here's the packaging as well, loads of bubble wrap, nice and safe.


The products~
 I really like the designs of these little tins. c:





First time opening them:
Eye Cream





it may look like there's a lot missing but you can faintly see it's on the plastic cap thing.

This cap thing *points to the left*, it keeps getting stuck in the lid but it was good at the beginning to stop the product falling out.




So the eye creme tin was full from top to bottom.

I've been using this creme almost every day for just over the past 15 weeks.
And here is how much I have used




Not much at all, I'm certain this will last me a while. When I do finish each product I will put it at the end of this review.


Concealer~


For some reason I didn't take a picture of the concealer when I got it but unlike the cream it doesn't go all the way down to the bottom of the tin as you can see in this picture.


However this doesn't bother me, I use this quite a lot but not everyday like my cream.
I've only really touched the surface with this product.



So they may be on the more expensive side but they will last you a while.

But of course the main reason to buy it is because of how well it works.

These were my dark circles before I used either products.


 So bad /).(\


This is after two weeks, quite a nice improvement I think.
Slightly out of focus >.< oops


43 days after I began, I did have a photo in between these but it's on my missing memory card...



They look a lot smaller here, yay, this is 57 days.
(I have a review on these lenses also here)


Sorry it's not a closeup but I thought I could still use this photo.
Around 64 days


105 days
It looks so much healthier c: I'm sure you can agree
Here is at the beginning so you can compare



And I still have loads of product left. I will also post a picture of how my dark circles are when I have completed the tin.

So as you can see this eye cream works lovely, even if you fail at sleeping enough like myself.

Now onto the concealer
I took these both on the same morning (3 days after my last picture with the eye cream, 108 days)

Before Concealer


After applying concealer (no other makeup involved)


Almost completely gone~ Makes me so happy ^-^

As you can guess I didn't sleep too well that night but the concealer helped so much. Obviously the darker the circles the more you put on but as you seen I've barely used much. I also was a bit scared when looking at the colour in the tin if it would be right for me but it matched my skin tone really well, and can be applied without foundation.

So I am very happy with these products, they did cost a bit more than I would have hoped but you can't complain that much if the results are this good.

Thank you for reading my review, I hope this helped.
If you have any questions please leave a comment below.

Edit - I finished the eye cream on the 20th September (2015) and I still have a lot of concealer left. 

No comments:

Post a Comment