body {background-color:rgba(255,255,255,0);}

15 March 2014

First Petticoat Review

❀First petticoat review❀
Flora Girl's 1-Hoop 1-Net Petticoat

As it says this is my first petticoat review, and first actual petticoat, so I don't know much about petticoats but I am here to publish my opinion on it - which is good :3
Cost
I admit I mostly bought this because I thought it looked good but at a quite "cheap" cost, I didn't want to pay much for my first one. ^-^" The cost of this is £10.99, and £2.99 postage and packaging, which I think is really good as most of the other ones I saw were at least £16 for just the petticoat. 

Postage and Packaging
Like my other recent things I have bought from amazon, this arrived earlier than expected which is always great. The packaging was secure and inside the postage packaging was the petticoat in a clear plastic "wallet" or bag, not sure what to call it.
Here's a picture, as you can see it is neatly packaged. 



The petticoat itself
The fabric attached to the hoop is silky? Very smooth, I'm afraid I'm no good at naming fabrics though. And then it has a laced layer over the top.
When I opened the package it did kind of 'jump out' because of the hop, so be aware.
Here is images of it straight out of the package :P 




As you can see the laced layer is a bit 'crinkled'? Is that the right word? xD But Once worn it is barely noticeable, depending slightly on how heavy the fabric of your skirt/dress is. Also, I plan to let it just hang somewhere in my room as I was suggested to do so to help with the 'crinkle' in it. If you would like to know how that is turning out please comment, I've only just started. 

I don't know if you would, but I wouldn't recommend wearing it on its own as it is slightly transparent.
I did have photos of them worn bu themselves but looking back at them they're badly out of focus, sorry.


But any way, I bought this because I have two lolita dresses already and would like to have more, but I don't wear my lolita dresses because I felt like they needed a petticoat, so now I can be more lolita, yay. :D

So far I have only tried it with one of my lolita dresses, here are the pics (only skirt because I took these in the morning before I got ready for the day ahaa, and yes they are my pajama bottoms) :

front




Side



Back



My apologies for my messy room but I just had to try it on and take pics Cx

For comparison here is a pic of the dress without the petticoat (this is form Prom so I was bit bigger... please excuse my body and look at the skirt of the dress ^^")



But as you can see it makes the skirt look a lot lot lot better, I plan on wearing this dress a lot more now. So even if it 'crinkled' it still looks really pretty under a dress/skirt.

Here is another outfit I wore in with my petticoat, it's just an old school skirt. So the petticoat is quite versatile.




So to conclude -
I had no problem with the service of this product, the product is very good and works well for what I wanted it for.
For anyone who wants to make there dresses look a bit cuter I do recommend this. :3

You can buy the petticoat here > 
Dress > 

YouTube Video > 


No comments:

Post a Comment